Thursday, July 14, 2011

Card Camp Week 3 Sketch


Kristina Werner shared 3 great sketches with us today at Card Camp. This is my first try at the arch shaped sketch. When I saw that shape it reminded me of an old building with an arch over the door and vines growing around around it and this is my interpretation. She also shared her digital files for the card with us which is wonderful for those of us with a digital die cut machine, like the Silhouette. For my card I chose a file from the online store. This wonderful arch with vine and flowers is just perfect for this sketch. I created all the arches  and the card base from that design.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a red butterfly, but I was trying to stay with this weeks colors, so red butterflies it is. They were created with a Martha Stewart Punch.
The sentiment is a older Hero Arts stamp.

She is sharing tips on using words and letters on cards and that is great for me. That is an area where I struggle, so I hope you will be seeing some improvement in the use of them on my cards. Was getting short on time so I just stamped this sentiment. Promise I will try to do better.

It was 102 here yesterday! Was too hot!!!!
Keep cool and thanks for visitng!

Debbie

Silhouette SD design C00028 Arch Window Frame

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie! This is a beautiful take on the colors and sketch! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw.
    On.
    Floor.

    This is absolutely stunning! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, sooo pretty and elegant, Debbie...love the white trellis on the kraft and the red butterflies add the perfect accents!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!