Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That


It started with some embossing, masking and markers, then came a transparency, dimension, the silhouette and "Happy Times" I had fun creating this card, it just flowed and each step came easily.

Step 1. Creating the floral background: I stamped the flower from Hero Arts on glossy card stock with white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I created 2 masks using the same flower and repeatedly stamped the image again using the masks. Each flower was colored with a SU marker and then the excess color was wiped away using a paper towel.

Step 2. Creating the frame: The frame was created on the silhouette sd and I chose to print some of the image rather than cut it all out. I also colored parts of the butterfly and flower images on the silhouette. I colored around the outside of the frame with a Copic marker.

Step 3. Creating accents and the sentiment: I chose the background of a floral image and a butterfly image to create accents for the card. The sentiment was created on the silhouette..this makes it very easy to have the right size to fit your design. The butterflies were colored, copied and pasted to make different sizes, and you can also flip them horizontally so that they are flying in different directions.

Step 4. The Dimension: I cut a piece of transparency (recycled from a package) to fit the frame and adhered it flat to the back of the frame. Then used foam dots to give it a lift off the floral background.

Step 5. the final steps were to make a card base and photographing the finished project. I anticipated a little glare from the transparency but it didn't turn out to be a problem.

I am pleased with the way it turned out. I wish I was feeling as bright as the card..I have been dealing with a sinus issue for over a week now and it is about to get the best of me. Hoping it will go away soon. Haven't been able to muster the energy to get dressed, or put make up on...but I have my priorities straight...made this card and got it blogged :). When I am feeling pitiful, I think of all the people out there who are dealing with chronic illnesses and major issues and I realize just how fortunate I am, so no more whining.

Hope all is right in your world and you are having a wonderful weekend!
Thank you so much for visiting :)
Debbie

Supplies:
Hero Arts CG309 Sweet Threads Cling Set
Color Box white pigment ink
Silhouette Sd images;
C00795 pretty_frame_butterfly
C00952 whispy butterfly
C00291 flowers
SU markers
Copic marker 

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and all the sd elements, so pretty! Sorry that you are still not feeling well, hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embossing and masking, Debbie and I love these wonderful, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!