Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 2 Featured Colors


Week two of Summer Card Camp 2011 and this is the featured color combo
I have come to the realization that I design cards backwards. I love sketches but I never think to start with them, I usually start with my central image and design the card around it and that probably makes it harder than it needs to be. The central image on my card is a Hero Arts design in the Silhouette online store. 


I cut the design out using pp from the Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection. I offset it in two colors, one for the flower and one for the leaves and stems. Then offset it again in white to make the colors pop against the kraft background.
I created two squares and cut them out of orange card stock for the frame. I also created the tag at the bottom by using a butterfly design by Silhouette, reducing it in size and drawing a rectangle between them. I drew another square around the white part of the tag, and cut it out of the pp. The sentiment was created on the Silhouette and printed when the butterflies were printed and then the entire image was cutout. All that was left was to add a few pearls.

How do you start your cards? Do you use a sketch? Is it all about the colors? Is the central image your starting point? I'm looking forward to hearing what your starting point is.

Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon :)
Debbie





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, no matter your method! Have never tried a digital design or used a Silhouette. Isn't this a fun class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I look at an image and a card creates itself... rare, but I had that happen this weekend. I do like sketches, but have never sketched one for myself... you've started me thinking...

    Great card - wonderful colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the PP! I design my cards like you, and create the card around my image. Another reason why we get along so well :) we think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Have I been missing out on all of your creations!! This flower is a beauty and love the paper you paired it with!! Off to check out the rest of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a great day after seeing your super cute card. Your every details I like.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!