Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wrapping up an inspirational week



This has been 1 amazing week in blogland! I attended the first week of Summer Card Camp 2011 and the I Love Mementos Blog started with the very talented Jill Foster showing us some awesome products and ways to use them. What is also wonderful is the products they show us how to use can be found very easily on their online store. How convenient is that!

This card came from inspiration received from both of those sites. I didn't have the exact paper that Jill used when she showed us her technique for coloring directly on stamps using the big brush markers and the color was fading out on the card stock I had so I switched over to a glossy card stock. The color comes out nice and bold but I found that you need to use a lighter hand when stamping and maybe not applying an over abundance of ink to the stamp. This stamp is from Penny Black and it is from 2003.

The doily around the stamped image is from Silhouette and it was a round doily but I changed it to an oval shape and added an oval to the center so it would be a frame that I could put around the flowers. Then I offset that doily cut out and made the yellow solid frame to go under the white. Then offset it one more time and copied it, welded the two images to make the purple card base.

The butterflies were made by just scribbling the big brush markers on the glossy card stock and them punching them out. Sentiment is from PTI. This is a go to set for me..these tiny sentiments are perfect for so many cards.

For those of you here in the US, Happy 4th of July!! Hope all of you have plans to do somethig fun this coming week.
Thanks so much for visiting!
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Debbie! Your flowers look amazing! Nicely done! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card shape and the flowers are beautiful! I have one of those big brush markers that I got in the mail as a sample and I haven't used it yet. They look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, Debbie! Love the vibrant colours - very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkle on the droopy flowers, the colors are so rich and inviting! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!