Monday, August 1, 2011

Butterfly Doily


Good morning, Everyone! It's Monday, the start of a new and hopefully more creative week. I downloaded a couple of new designs from the Silhouette online store and used them together to make this card. Here are the designs I used:

The card base was created by offsetting the design, copied and pasted the offset, placed the two of them side by side and welded the edges together.
The design was printed and cut on 3 different colors of card stock.
The woodgrain flower was also printed and cut on three different colors of cardstock.
All that was left to do was to decide which colors to use for which layer.
The only thing that wasn't done on the silhouette was adding white to the center of the flower with a white uniball Signo pen.

I wanted to say "Thank You" to those of you who left encouraging words on my last post. I really appreciated them.

Thanks to all of you for coming to visit today!

6 comments:

  1. wonderful pairing, Debbie! Love these beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning, Debbie! Such a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that butterly doily design too. You could also under the 'object' tab at the top choose 'replicate' from the drop down menu and then select 'duplicate right' (or left) for your offset and then weld. The little butterfly looking icon on the top right is also the 'replicate' icon. I like using it to make cards from an image because they are already touching when they are duplicated. I usually move them a little closer and then weld. I love your cards and hope you get your mojo back this week. Off to a beautiful start, I love the embossing on the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Debbie...the colors and diecuts are sooo pretty and I love your round card design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the designs you pick to use together, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow----this is spectacular. love the colors, the design just everything!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!