Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Card Inspired by 3 Sites


This card was inspired by 3 different blogs. The first thing that caught my attention was a post on Jackie's Blog Just Stamp It. Go over and take a look at her great cards that used the negative space from die cuts as her central image. I really liked that look along with all the white space and beautiful colors.

Then I made my daily early morning visit to I Love Mementos and saw Jill's 2nd video featuring LaBlanche stamps. She used distress inks and nibs to color the detailed images and they are amazing! I look forward to those videos with my cup of coffee in the morning.

Time to check in at the Silhouette online store to see what new die cuts they are featuring this week. Lots of wonderful new designs this week and this one caught my eye.


This set the wheels turning.
 Cut the Silhouette design out on antique linen white card stock.
Cut it again, using a thinner card stock.
Opened the 1st card.Placed the 2nd card over the inner card so that the negative space  of the 2nd card would be where the negative space on the 1st card would be when the card was closed.
Now I could use the second card as a stencil. I used distress inks to color the flowers and leaves, also to stamp the script over the image. I used nibs to apply the ink.
For an added touch of color I dabbed a little gelatos over the colored area and dried them with a heat tool.
Then I inked the Hero Arts script stamp and stamped the colored areas while the stencil was still in place.
So the color shows through when the card is closed and this is how it looks when the card is open.


Used my favorite Martha Stewart Butterfly punch and colored them with distress ink.
The sentiment was created on the Silhouette.
The bottom of the card seemed a little flimsy to me so I cut a strip of paper on colored it with distress ink to stabilize it some.

Hope you like the finished product. Thanks to the wonderful sites that inspired me.

Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon.

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. I said it before, and I'll say it again, Debbie, your work with this machine is wonderful - everything is so unique! Love your card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go showing off again :-) That is just stunning! I'm so glad you explained how you did it, I never would have figured it out. I do love the result. I'm still not all that thrilled with my Silhouette but I can't bear to part with it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Debbie! I agree with Lin! Your work with the Silhouette is fabulous! Amazing colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! I admire how you used the Silhouette! Make me want to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Especially how you have used the SD design, so beautiful! Miss you, and especially missed our craft trip! Next year we are going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card, I love it! :) I'm a new follower and looking forward to seeing more of your great creations!

    I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you can do with your Silhouette machine! Mine is sadly collecting dust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful!Love how all the various colors are displayed on the background like that! I rarely ever do the 'inside' of my cards, so this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie this is gorgeous. Wonderfully die-cut and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!