Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gelatos are fun!


I went shopping at I Love Mementos and purchased my first Gelatos by Faber Castell. This card was created using white antique linen cardstock that I get from Marcos Paper and all the color was added using gelatos. I did finish it up by using a little dye ink to distress around the edges.

This is the teardrop circle doily image as purchased from the Silhouette online store;


I changed it to an oval shape. Drew an oval around this image, replicated it to the right, moved it so that the edge was slightly overlapping, welded it together and cut out the card base. I also drew an oval around the inner edge of the teardrops so that it would be a frame, with a cut out center.

I used the center that was cut out for my floral image.  I chose the color of gelatos and then just scribbled them on the center and spread with my fingers to make the colored background. The linen card stock gives it a nice textured look. I did dry the colored background with a heat tool because I was doing a little embossing next and was not sure if the powder would stick to the gelatos or not.  The stamp is a Penny Black stamp that I have from 2006. It was stamped with white pigment ink and embossed with white detail powder. I used a little of the dye ink to add distressing to the edges and also used a Tim Holtz distressing tool.

The edges of the card base were colored with a gelato and were also distressed. The sentiment is from PTI and I added a few punched butterflies.

Some of the tiny cuts on my Silhouette image didn't cut as well as I would have liked but I have a new blade on the way. That could have something to do with it, and I wondered if changing the shape might intefere with the cuts some...This card is also a size A2 card so some of those cuts were very tiny. I am pleased with the blade life. I got my Silhouette on black Friday and I have been cutting away since then, and that's a lot of cuts.

We are finally going to get a little relief from the heat, we will be out of the upper 90s back into the 80s. Looking forward to a break and just in time because our local high school football season is getting ready to start...Go Bulldogs!

Have a great day everyone and thanks so much for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG - Oh My GORGEOUSness! Your work with gelatos is absolutely stunning! Love the image you choose as it goes perfectly with the delicate nature of the sillouette die cut! WOW! (And thanks for the link to Mementos, too! You're the BEST!) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, if I had the money, I'd buy that darned silhouette just on what you've done with it! That company should hire you as their spokesperson!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so amazing! Love the look and when I first saw your image come up on the screen, I thought this was a painting/wall art!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!