Friday, August 26, 2011

LaBlanche Stamp and a Hurricane Update


My second card using a new LaBlanche stamp. I am more pleased with my backgound and coloring on this card. Still have a ways to go but I think a little progress was made. This card is emobssed also but I used a darker ink in combination with the versarmark and it shows up better. The coloring around the edge of the background was done with Old Paper Distress ink but the center blue area was done using a regular dye ink pad. Their card stock makes a big difference and it is so easy to apply the inks.

Last minute hurricane preps going on. Went over to check on my dad this morning and he won't leave  home and come stay with me but he will be spending the night with his friends at the fire department. So relieved that he will not be alone. He grew up on the sound and has experienced his share of hurricanes over the years. He was telling me today when Hurricane Hazel made a direct here in 1954 the storm surge came up under their house and it was moving the floor boards. I can also remember as a child hearing how one year the hurricane and the storm surge took the porch off their house but it washed up enough lumber from the barrier islands that they were able to build it back. His house is all boarded up and he has even done a little hurricane prep for the birds.


He has bungee cords on the top of their feeder to keep it from blowing off.

If you are also in the path of this storm, get prepared and stay safe!

Thanks for visiting!!


8 comments:

  1. You are doing some wonderful work with these new stamps Debbie! I love your soft colouring! Just stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, the coloring is beautiful! The boys are outside getting the coolers ready and moving all the cars. Our field looks like a parking lot, with all the trucks and trailers. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your dad will be with the perfect group of people. Take care, hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Love your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so beautiful. I'll be thinking of you over the next few days. Stay safe and I hope you are spared the worst of it. Hope your Dad is too. Big Hugs, Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous image, Debbie, you colored it beautifully, too! Stay safe, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You are really rocking these LaBlanche stamps! Love your soft coloring on the one from your previous post and the background on this card has me swooning! Saying prayers for you and your family as you anticipate the hurricane-- HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Love that twine tying through the holes! So good to hear that you are well planned for the hurricane's arrival! Praying for your safety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so lovely Debbie.....you did a wonderful job with this image....I haven't inked mine up yet but you have me itching to try it now!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!