Monday, August 29, 2011

Organizational Idea

We were very fortunate and got through the Hurricane without any major damage. We had a short period of time with no electricity, but it was productive time. Didn't really have enough light to do much crafting but I was able to see to clean up my craft room and that was time well spent. It was a mess! LOL! While I was trying to organize a few things I came up with an idea for the foam applicators for distress inks.
I had been storing them in an acrylic box and they were all jumbled together. It would be wonderful to have each applicator with its own labeled wooden handle but requires more storage room and a substantial investment.
So this is what I came up with.

  

It started with a plastic palette for acrylic paints and a box of Scotch multipurpose fasteners. This comes in two large rolls and I cut a square to mount on the palette and placed the foam applicator over each square. There is adhesive on the back of the square, that made it super easy. This is a close up picture:
I typed the names of the Distress Inks printed and cut them out and laminated them. Adhered those to the palette using Glossy Accents. Now each foam applicator has its own special place. It was a happy coincidence that the palette size was just right for the number of inks I had. If and when I add to my collection I can just turn it over and add to the backside. The dimensions of the palette are 14.5" by 10", and it is lightweight so it will be easy to take wherever I need it. Now I'm trying to think of a way to add a nib for each color. Any ideas?

Now that things are back to normal I hope to get some crafting time in :) Thanks for stopping by!

Debbie

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had minimal damage from the storm, Debbie! Love this fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear you got through the Hurricane okay. I love your idea! I think I need you to come and organise my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! When I made labels for the side of each distress ink (so I could see the colors with the inks stacked), I put a little dot of color from the ink pad on the label itself. Maybe this will help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Love this idea very functional. Glad you were able to be productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you survived the storm and I love this idea. I don't have too many of those but I'm sure I will at some point. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea for all of those TH ink applicator pads! And you made good use of your time during a rather stressful issue with Mother Nature! Glad you guys made it through and are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!