Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Walking in Daisies


Just a quick post to share a card I made with my new LaBlanche stamps. I like the way they stamp, they make a wonderful impression. I haven't had time to try any card stock other than their paper, but when I get a little time I want to do that. My first time I stamped it using a black dye ink and even though I dried it with a heat tool, it still ran in one spot when I misted it with water. This time I inked the stamp first withVersamark frost ink, then Tea Dye Distress Ink, applied clear detail embossing powder and embossed.

The images and the background were colored with a combination of distress inks and copic markers. I sanded the embossed area to decrease some of the shine and that worked until I heated it again after a layer of ink, and then the shine came back. Going to do a little playing around with that next time.

We are in the midst of hurricane preparations, so my play time is limited this week. We have been fortunate and haven't had a direct hit in a few years. I really think Irene is going to go east and just skirt the North Carolina coast but those sneaky old hurricanes have a way of changing their path when you least expect it.
So trying to get prepared for the possibility of no electricity. Sometimes it can take a week or more to get it restored. Also wondering whether I get to spend some extended time at work. If you are scheduled to work you have to come in ahead of time and stay until all is clear. The bad thing is you are away from your family but the good thing is there is electricity, hot showers, and hot food at the hospital.

We have experienced some crazy weather lately. We had 3 tornados in the last week or so and we hardly ever have them, we felt the earthquake from Va. yesterday and now the hurricane.

Better run, things to do! Thanks for coming to visit, hope you are having a great week!

Debbie

9 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Debbie! Such a romantic, English kind of image! So much detail in the stamp! Hoping that the hurricane just dwindles down to nothing and that you remain safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so pretty and soft. I love the distressed edges. Batten down the hatches and maybe the hurricane won't be as big a deal as the weather channel is making it out to be. I bet it curves east and goes on out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous card and the way you've colored that sweet image! Please be careful and stay safe, Debbie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the detailed image and the coloring. All this hurricane prep is wearing me out, at least it is looking better for us though! I would rather be prepared for the worst, instead of the other way around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Debbie! That is really beautiful! Lovely soft colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is very sweet and thoughtful, love that image of the girl! You are always surprising me with new and beautiful cards, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This so beautiful, I love the way the distressed edges add to the wistful feel! Here's hoping you don't have any 'interesting' weather xxfingers crossedxx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty, Debbie...so vintage looking...I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a soft, romantic feeling this card has....lovely job again Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!