Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blue


Jill Foster did an awesome video on the I Love Mementos site using Prismacolor pencils and  a Northwoods stamp. Her coloring skills are fantastic whatever medium she uses. So I broke out my Prismacolor pencils to give it a try.

The white and gray panel shapes were made on the Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I cut the front of the card more narrow than the back and added the two border to that edge. On the back inner edge I added a strip of the ribbon used to tie the bow. When the card is closed you can see just a tiny border of the ribbon.

Both stamps used on this card are from LaBlanche. The flourish stamp was inked with Distress ink and was stamped once before actually stamping on the white panel.

The colored pencils were fun and very forgiving. If there was an area I wasn't happy with, I just erased it using a white eraser and started over. Can't be much easier than that. Now if I could just do it like Jill does, I can dream, can't I?

Thanks for sharing a little of your weekend with me :)
Debbie


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Debbie! Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring skills are nothing to sneeze at, girl! Until I read the post I though you used Copics. It's gorgeous, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shade of blue is beautiful and I love it with the gray! Great coloring Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful and touching shades of blue, Debbie and your coloring looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous vintage image...she looks beautiful in blue and I just love your awesome layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!