Monday, September 5, 2011

Colored Pencils, Debossing, and Masking


Happy Labor Day!

More coloring with Prismacolor Pencils on the Penny Black stamp. The flowers were stamped on Tiara white cardstock with Memento black dye ink. Used pencils to color the flowers, leaves, and stems. I stamped the image again to create a mask, then stamped over the masked flowers with the script stamp, also from Penny Black. Cut out the shape with a Spellbinders Nestability. Then masked the flowers again and sprayed the panel with Glimmer Mist. The gray panel was also cut out with a Spellbinders die. I placed the floral panel on a soft surface and traced around the edge of the flower with a dry emboss stylus. Here's a little closer view of the embossing. It just adds a little extra dimension to the flowers.


The card base was made on the Silhouette SD using white paper and that was also sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
 Woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I made good use of my time in my craft room.  I'm almost finished with the card for tomorrows post. More Penny Black, some distress inks, and pastel pencils....

Have a great day, your visits are always appreciated :)
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, love your coloring! Prismacoloring is always my "go to" medium....anyways, your card is lovely and that debossing is a great idea...have never tried that myself but will do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! I love that debossing idea, it definitely adds interest! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card...the flower is sooo pretty and I love the script background...the shape is awesome, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been visiting your blog for several weeks now. Never a disappointment here. Love this card--the coloring, outline embossing, and all the other details are lovely. Thanks for sharing...I need the inspiration badly.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!