Sunday, September 18, 2011

A New Silhouette Skill


Don't you love it when you learn something new? It gives me a sense of accomplishment and it just goes against that old saying "Old dogs can't learn new tricks". I am calling myself the "old dog". lol! Today I learned a new trick and wanted to share it with you.
I'm a little embarrased to tell you that until today I hadn't been able to figure out the advanced color gradient fill option. But I finally got it!! Yippeee!
This is the design used to create the colored panel on the front of the card.


I copied and pasted this border to make 4 panels and flipped two of the panels to create the front of the card as shown on the finished card. Before they were grouped together they were colored using the Advanced color option.


After coloring the panels they were grouped together to form a single design. Then I chose a card design and placed the butterfly border panel on the front of the card between the loops.


I made my sentiment using the Adorable font and colored it using the same advanced option.

The last thing I did on the Silhouette was offset the front panel of the card and cut it out in yellow card stock to highlight those white loops on the side.

Adhere the sentiment panel with pop dots, used some twine to tie and bow and added a Hero Arts pop dot for the center.

Thanks for stopping by but I'm glad you really can't see me because I'm still in my pjs :)  Have a wonderful day!

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Debbie! Just love these gorgeous colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!