Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Penny Black-Simple Card Set

  
The Penny Black Blog featured a tutorial by Jill Foster on Simple stamping. I love simple stamping!! So I watched Jill's video, then off to my craft room for some fun. Picked some bright colorful leftover pieces of card stock for the front panels. The stamps are all by Penny Black. I wanted these images to really pop so I used a pigment ink for stamping. This ink is Chocolate Chip by SU. I used a heat tool to dry it so I could put the cards together quickly. All 5 of these cards were done in no time at all. I did use a touch of a white pastel pencil on a couple of the images but that is all. Just stamped and assembled the layers. Makes me want to get started on Christmas gifts. I am posting a close up of each card below.





Thank you Penny Black and Jill for the reminder that Simple Stamping is  a wonderful option!

Debbie

Supplies:
Penny Black
2004 2827K Songbird
2006 3360K Curlicue
2008 30-024 Enjoy
SU Chocolate chip pigment ink

And thanks to you for visiting :) 

7 comments:

  1. Love these, the added white pencil really sets the images off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Debbie! The stamps really shine when not all clogged up with this and that embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just breathtaking, Debbie! I LOVEEE your set and the touch of white pastel pencil is GENIUS! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally awesome Debbie! It really does make me want to just get back to simple stamping as it can be so breathtakingly beautiful! What make is the coloured cardstock as it seems to have some texture to it, I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so pretty! The touch of white pencil is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just beautiful Debbie- love the simplicity of them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING set of notecards, I love these! Great inspiration for me to make some teacher cards now!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!