Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Smallest Things Make Me Happy


Happy Tuesday!

I have been trying to figure out how to print script around my card on the Silhouette and I was finally able to figure it out so I thought I would share that with you. I drew a box the size of my central design and selected a font and font size. I used the Elegant Script font for this card. I started typing the words at the upper left corner of the block. When I got to the edge of that line I grouped the box and that line of words together, flipped the design and continued to type across the next line. I continued to do that until the words wrapped completely around the box.


Then I ungrouped it and removed the box from the design. I didn't want it to cut, just print so I chose the "no-cut" option and chose a color for the font. I moved the design on the field so that it would print on the right side of the paper. Printed it, folded and cut the card stock to an A2 size card.

Next time I will either pick a central design without script or chose a font for the borders that is closer to the font on the stamp.

The Penny Black stamp was embossed with white embossing powder on the purple card stock. I used a white colored pencil to color the inside of the design and then colored over that using a combination of copics and colored pencils. I tried to be careful with the copics so that the white embossing was not colored.
The color of the flower didn't turn out very well so I stamped and embossed it again on the yellow card stock and distressed it with tea dye distress ink. Cut it out and layered it over the original one. Then applied some picket fence distress stain to the panel.

Has something put a smile on your face today? I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for visiting :)
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sounds so intricate the way you described it! Love that you discovered this new technique, the card is beautiful and love the frilly ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture on that flower is gorgeous, Debbie! Love these pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok darn it! I'm gonna have to get a Silhouette! Card is beautiful! Have to bookmark this page should I ever get far enough to do this! Your work is really top notch stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for sharing this technique, I will definitely have to give it a try. I have written in a circle using my silhoutte: here is my link: http://countrylovingmommy.blogspot.com/2011/09/for-my-teacher-friend.html but I put the text inside the circle and the text box did it itself if you drag it to the edge of the cirlce. This is a great way for doing squares, thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for sharing this technique, I will definitely have to give it a try. I have used my Silhouette to write in a circle, here's my link, http://countrylovingmommy.blogspot.com/2011/09/for-my-teacher-friend.html but I just took the text box to the inside of the circle and it put it around the circle on it's own. This is a great way to do a square/rectangle!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!