Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Songbird


Good Morning :)

Have another card to share featuring distress inks and a Penny Black stamp.

I inked the Songbird stamp first with Versamark frost ink and then applied two colors of distress ink over the versamark. Embossed the stamped image with clear detail embossing powder. Then covered the white areas of the image with a versamark pen and embossed those again with clear powder
The background was created with distress inks, shades of blues and yellows and then a layered of antique linen was added. I just dabbed the antique linen over the background and did that also on the white card stock used for the lattice punch and the card base.
Even though the bird and branch were embossed, they were fading into the background so I did a little distressing with white pigment ink and added a little white pastel pencil next to the embossed image. The last step was to mist with water.

The punch is from Martha Stewart and  is scalloped on both sides but I trimmed the left side off to fit the card.

My husband thinks I spend entirely too much time on the internet....so he may not be happy that my friends Tanya and Jackie have introduced me to Pinterest. I resisted for a while but succumbed to temptation yesterday. It's going to be fun! Don't worry Larry, I'll wave at  you as I go from computer to craft room. LOL!

Thanks for visiting!

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. You are doing wonders with these Penny Black stamps, this is beautiful! Pinterest is pretty addictive, but tell Larry not to worry. There are also lots of yummy recipes on there that he may well benefit from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Debbie! Love teh colours and that gorgeous lattice border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another stunner! You are really rocking this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the distressing and the leaf that lays over the side border. You are going to love Pintrest, and Jackie is right there are lots of benefits what you can find on there!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!