Friday, October 21, 2011

Penny Black Christmas Ornament


I know, it's not even Halloween yet! But....TANYA came over on Sunday and she had this adorable PENNY BLACK stamp that was new to her collection.  We always show off the new goodies we have gotten and this enabling always leads to shopping. Now I just need this cutie in my collection.

She is colored with copics. Glitter was added to her hat and mittens and I am not sure you can tell in the photo but versamark and clear powder were used to emboss the globe ornament and her wings.

I decided to make her an ornament instead of putting her on a card so I traced around her on a second piece of card stock, cut it out, added a little twine for a hanger and glued the two pieces of card stock together. I used plain card stock  so you could also use this as a tag and put the the writing on the back. Then if they chose they could use it as an ornament.

We had such a good time checking out all our new goodies and playing with Lainey. She is so cute and I can tell she is going to be a crafter. She found my craft room and went straight to the rack with stamps and started to pick out her favorites LOL! Hard to believe she will be 1 soon.

Also hard to believe that my son is 31 today!! Happy Birthday, Jared!

I have so many Christmas stamps that I have collected over the years...and you can't make but so many cards, but wouldn't it be great to make ornaments of them and have a special homemade ornament tree?

Have a great day, Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Debbie


3 comments:

  1. Love this cute stamp! Beautifully colored, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you have turned this stamp into a cute little ornament! So fun! Happy B-day to your Jared! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute! I really like the idea of double use tag/ornament.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!