Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Silhouette Star Birthday Card


It's Birthday time! Time has just flown by and my son will be celebrating his 31st birthday on Friday. I wonder where the time has gone.... I am always telling the girls at work with young children to cherish every minute because it goes by way too quickly. 

This card was created on the silhouette using 3 different designs and a fill pattern. 


This was the design used for the card base.


This is the fill pattern. I love these because they are so versatile. You can change the size, the direction and the opacity of the patterns.



This sentiment was perfect for the card base. I used the fill pattern for color and offset it with a white border for the cut line.



And the 3 little stars above the sentiment were taken from this frame design.

The white inner part of the star is cut out and I added a piece of green card stock behind the cut out so it would show up more than it did against the white inside of the card and I didn't have to worry about where I placed the sentiment inside the card.

Thanks so much for visiting!!!
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Love this Birthday card, also love how you break down what you did. I would have never thought to add those extra stars and they are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and such a cute design, love all the blues! Been wondering how you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Debbie! I love those stripes!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!