Saturday, January 14, 2012

Background Flowers


Life has been kicking my butt! Nothing major, just a lot of little things and today was designated "My Day". I am spending my day using a few of the new stamps that have just come out. I have a few new Hero Arts and Penny Black stamps that I have been wanting to get inky and this is my first completed project.

This lovely stamp is by Hero Arts.
I inked the stamp with versamark frost ink and then Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink and embossed it using clear embossing powder.
Then I colored in the flowers and stems with a white colored pencil, since I stamped it on a colored background.
The flowers were colored using a brush marker. I scribbled the color on an acrylic block, used a watercolor pen to pick up the color and painted the flowers. A little more color was added with a colored pencil and then I blended the colors using a white colored pencil.
The stems and leaves were colored with copic markers.
The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch.
I used a glue pen and Martha Stewart glitter to cover the butterflies and around the edges of some of the flower petals.
It is hard to see in the photo but I also colored in some of the small background flowers with the white pencil.
 Just added a few pearls and the ribbon and the card is complete.

Now I have a difficult decision ahead of me...do I go back and straighten up my craft room or do I go back and keep creating and just let the mess continue??? Since it is "My Day", I'm opting for more creating :).

Hope life is treating you well and thanks so much for stopping by.

Debbie

Supplies:
Hero Arts Large Flower Background
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Martha Stewart carrara marble glitter
Prismacolor white colored pencil
SU Lovely Lilac marker
glitter pen
clear embossing powder
versamark frost ink
Memento Rich cocoa dye ink
Copics YG 91, G 40, YG11

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the purple flowers and the little touch of glitter is so pretty. Enjoy your day of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...go for more crafting! You can always clean up later...

    This card is so beautiful, your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Debbie...such soft, pretty colors and I love how you added the pearls and butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LOVE the pretty colors on this and the specks of white from the butterflies and ribbon finish off the card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!