Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Love!


The inspiration for this card came from the CR84FN Color Challenge.


 I just love the pink, yellow, and white colors and was particularly inspired by This card by Sue Lelli. Loved the little touch of red that was added in the pp.

I was looking at the colors and this heart stamp by Memory Box came to mind. The heart was stamped and colored using inks and markers from SU. It was embossed on antique linen card stock and that gives it a little distressed look. The colors were softened by covering the heart with Rangers Picket Fence Distress Stain. The distress stain was also used on the butterflies and the sentiment.

I love the way Tiffany uses doilies on her cards. I got a few packs on my last trip to Michaels and thought this one was perfect as a background for the heart.

Just went in to my craft room to get the numbers for the stamps used so I could share them with you and somehow the "Love" stamp has disappeared off the face of the earth. I have searched everywhere and can't find it. I was up in the middle of the night and decided to be productive and did a little cleaning in my room...so hope that I didn't throw it away. Don't you just hate it when you can't find something that you know is probably hiding in plain site? The heart and butterfly are from Memory Box.
The butterfly is called Periwinkle B1181 and the heart is Daphne Heart #1422.

Thanks for your comments, I am feeling a little better today :).

Thanks for you visit!
 Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Well imagine MY surprise when I saw that my card inspired you! Thanks so MUCH, Debbie! LOVE your card design (all I can say is wait until you see my 2nd card for these colors!) and those butterflies at the bottom are a PRETTY detail! THX for the shoutout and THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I LOVE your love card! Sweet colors, sweet butterflies! Continue to feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I love everything about this card! The doily is such a special touch and the soft colors are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is sooo pretty, Debbie, especially with the doily and the heart in the center!!! The butterflies and sentiment are the perfect finishing touches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Debbie! Your card is gorgeous! Love the two sweet butterflies! Wonderful take on Sue's pretty card and great use of the color graphic! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - your card is just so beautiful, I love the heart doily. Such pretty butterflies too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty with all the heart shaped elements! Really love the delicate yellow and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO SO pretty Debbie! Love that heart made of pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!