Monday, January 30, 2012

Just a Little Blue


A card in pink, red and light blue for the CR84FN47 Challenge.


My friend, Tanya uses embossing folders beautifully on her cards and she inspired me to dig out some of mine and put them to use. After I ran the cardstock through the embossing folder I cut out the window using a nestability. The flowers in the window are from the Hero Arts Large Flower Background stamp.

The border at the bottom is a EK Success punch with a strip of white cardstock  and some Hero Arts hearts and Martha Stewart butterflies.

My last day at physical therapy this morning. We're going to see how things go with me doing my exercises at home. The trip to PT is about 90 miles round trip so twice a week added on to my work week means I have been traveling over 500 miles a week. That adds up to quite a bit of gas money and wear and tear on my car.

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Debbie! Wonderful design and I really love the white strip running through the EK punch - fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend Tanya isn't the only one who uses her embossing folders beautifully - this card is great! I LOVE the yellow one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! For not having any craft stores around you sure do have some cool things. I love that border punch. I hope it goes well with doing your exercises at home, that's quite a drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful example of so many different elements....embossing, heat embossing, color usage....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous! Such a great use of the embossing folder! The strip of ribbon gives it such a delicate touch! I''m inspired to dig out my embossing folders now, poor things just sit there unused, vey sad. Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! Your flowers are beautiful, Debbie!!!!! I love the colors you used and the laced trim at the bottom adds such an elegant touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - so very pretty. The embossed background is very pretty, and I like the way the flowers come up through the aperture! Great work. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These roses look so nice! I like also this background:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, those flowers are so PRETTY peeking out that window and I LOVE your border with the butterflies and pearls! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Debbie, love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These flowers are gorgeous with the white embossed base and your terrific coloring. Beautiful Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Debbie! Those embossed flowers look STUNNING! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Debbie! Love how the flowers peek out of your frame! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of threading your punch border with cardstock! Makes it much easier to add embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!