Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Distressed Embossing


I have never been able to figure out what "my style" is when it comes to my cards but the one common element that seems to be on most of them is the use of the color, white. Maybe white signifies my wish for things (life) to be neat, clean and tidy without all those messy details of day to day living. LOL!  Any thoughts?
I used white pigment ink on this background panel for the distressing over the embossing and used a touch of tea dye distress ink just on the edges.

All the stamps used are from Hero Arts. The frame was stamped, then the sentiment and bird were added. The bird was colored with copics and then distress inks were added to the frame.

Have been loving all the cards out there using negative space so I pulled out an old corner punch to create a little negative space on this card. (just pretend that you don't see that the bottom right corner punch is not centered lol!)

Then center white oval was cut with a nestability and then embossed with an embossing folder.

Hope your week is going well, I have worked over 20 hours the last two days and I get a day off today so I am going to take my dad out to lunch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Really like the soft subtle colors that you used....and your use of negative space is perfect. I have no idea of what my style is either. Some people, I think, hit the ground running knowing their style. Other people, like me.....might meander for years doing this and that style and loving them all! I think your cards are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Debbie! That sweet blue bird is perfect with the pinks and he does make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is gorgeous! I love this one and I don't see any corner issues at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful and I love your interpretation for using white! I use white so often, it truly has a pureness about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! I love all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You use a lot of peaches and corals too, and beautifully I might add! I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...this is beautiful, Debbie...love all the texture in the background and the bird image is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love how you used the frame on this pretty card Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, this is an awesome card! I love the stamp, the colors you chose, the embossing, everything about this card is perfection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!