Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tie-Dye Birthday


This card makes me think of the era of Tie-Dye and it was created using a background stamp from Hero Arts that was inked with a Kaleidacolor rainbow dye ink pad. I started out with the idea of using the whole stamped image as my background but decided in these bright bold colors it might look better used as accent pieces.

I embossed the card base with a Sizzix embossing folder and then used a Spellbinders nestability to cut out the window in the base and also to cut the oval frame from the stamped background. The butterflies and the strips framing the sentiment were also created from the stamped background.
The ink pad had very bold colors so I softened them by adding Picket Fence distress stain which caused the colors to bleed a little but I think that just added to the Tie-Dye look.
The sentiment was also stamped using the rainbow ink pad.

This was another late night stamping adventure and I think if  you are going to be up you might as well be productive.

On a personal note I wanted to share with you the wonderful blessing that we have experienced this week. My son, Jared is 31 and was diagnosed with Hodgkins in 2007. A couple of weeks ago he had bronchitis and thought he had broken a rib coughing so they got an xray and saw spots near his mediastinum, so he went for a CT scan, from there to the oncologist and a PET scan on Wednesday. God blessed us with a negative PET scan and I am so thankful, relieved and feeling extremely blessed. Thank you God for this blessing.

Thanks for spending part of your day with me!
Debbie

Supplies:
Hero Arts CG335 Dot Flower Pattern
Hero Arts CL371
Ranger Picket Fence distress stain
Kaleidacolor Spectrum rainbow dye ink pad
Sizzix embossing folder  

4 comments:

  1. I think it's perfect for accents and you are right, it would have been a bit too much for a background. Great news about Jared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Debbie! Love the rainbow of color and the pretty embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fresh mix of colors on this fun card! Very pretty! I'm so glad to hear about Jared, that is excellent news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so inspiring I made time yesterday to case your card in three versions...oval, round & square. I have been "angsting" about Mother's Day cards. My mock ups of your inspiration look wonderful.

    Brenda
    Maple Ridge
    Canada

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!