Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Triple Embossing


I am having a lot of fun playing with embossing folders. My Cuttlebug is getting a work out. The only stamp on this card is the Hero Arts sentiment, everything else is done with embossing and punches.

I started with the white panel and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the dots embossing folder, then one more time using the vine embossing folder. Then used the Shabby Shutters distress ink pad to pull lightly over the panel to color the vine. Next a little Tumbled Glass distress ink was added to the edge and corners. The white panel goes through the Cuttlebug one more time to be cut with a Spellbinders nestability.

The flowers were created using white card stock that had been embossed with the dots folder and colored lightly with pink ink. The butterflies were made using punches.

The yellow panel is BoBunny dotted paper that was embossed using a Hero Arts folder.

Something about that background with the tiny dots reminds me of a material from my childhood. Little dresses made of soft, lightweight dotted swiss material, perfect for hot humid summers in the south.

Thanks for visiting!
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. What a great pleasure to see such a nice card! I can almost feel the spring in the air:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Double embossing - very clever and I love the effect. It does remind me of dotted swiss fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! I really like all the soft and pretty colors! The embossing provides even more detail! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dots comment is spot on. I had a dress like that, pink with raised white dots. My grand Kidlets have bubble blankets with the same idea. The youngest, at 5, is still dragging his to bed and as a comfort when all is not well.

    Thank you very much for resurecting the embossing folders. I am so impressed what those folders can do to pop a card and improve any plain cardstock.

    Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!