Monday, March 19, 2012

Stamp Club Inspiration



This card was inspired by a card we made at our stamp club last week. Nancy led the group and we had lots of fun. You can see in the photo below one of the cards we made that provided the inspiration for my card.


Love using the strips of pp for the background design and with all the 6x6 pads of designer papers it is so easy. Her stamp and punch are from Stampin Up. I just used a punch to create the flower on my card and then put it in a embossing folder to add some texture.

My goal for the week is to get a light box made so that I can take pictures of cards without all the shadows. Found some directions online that look relatively easy. Wish me luck!

Have a great start to your week and thanks for visiting!
Debbie


5 comments:

  1. Love it, Debbie! This technique is one a good friend taught me years ago, and I love it because it gives a quilted look! And you're so right, with all the 6" pads out there now, we have it easy finding coordinating papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those, what a great way to use scraps. Good luck with the light box, I have seen a couple that look pretty simple, too, and don't take up a lot of space. The other thing you can do is cover a large piece of cardboard with aluminum foil dn use it to bounce some of the light back towards the object. that will help some with the shadows but it won't eliminate them completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Debbie!! This quilting effect is stunning. What a great way to combine fabulous bits of pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful use of the patterned papers and love the geometrical look to it, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done a background like that for several years, but you've reminded me how wonderful it is! I'm going to CASE this one--absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!