Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chasing Butterflies


This card was totally inspired by Jackie at "Just Stamp It". She did some wonderful cards yesterday using kraft card stock and white. I chose this gorgeous new stamp from Penny Black for my card. I tried embossing it in white but anything I used to color the flowers, also colored the white embossing. I didn't even try copics because I knew they would color the embossing but it also happened when I was using my Prismacolor pencils. So on to something different.

The stamp was inked with versamark ink and then black dye ink, stamped and embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I found the lines of the image were cleaner and more delicate than using the white embossing ink used on the first attempt.

All the coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils. The white pencil almost acted like a blending tool when added to the colored images.

Our Azaleas are blooming and the butterflies and bees are all over them. Took a few pictures yesterday, and I can tell you that butterflies don't sit still for very long. Bet I looked pretty funny chasing them around the bushes :)  Hope the neighbors weren't looking. But here are a couple of my favorites.


Maybe you can add a little fun to your day by chasing some butterflies. I highly recommend it!
Thanks for visiting :)
Debbie

10 comments:

  1. I love your card, Debbie, you are so good with colored pencils. I found that certain pencils colored the white embossing powder, too. Odd. The butterflies are beautiful, and so are those azaleas. Almost makes me want to get out and do some gardening. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie beautiful stamping and embossing what a lovely card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love the look of colored pencils against the kraft background.

    I would like to invite you to enter your lovely card in the new Great Impressions "Lots of Flowers" challenge for April. Here's a link if you would like to check it out:

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/04/challenge-2lots-of-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Debbie--& your running around paid off--great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debbie your card is just beautiful. These colors look so rich on craft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colors on the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colors on the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I love this, Debbie....the coloring and embossing on the kraft looks fabulous!!!! Your flowers and butterflies are beautiful, too...isn't spring wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, this is stunning! Sounds like it was a lot of work (trial and error) but the final card is stunning! Beauyiful coloring, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful butterfly pictures! I need to plant something that will attract more butterflies, because I just don't see many in my yard. The card is lovely as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!