Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Light Box




I found some instructions online for a light box made out of a card board box. I was unable to find the size box that was used. So my sweet husband offered to make a box out of lightweight wood. The photo above was the first step in the process. The frame is 18" all around.



For the next step we cut a bottom and a back out of foam board.


And then covered the sides and the top with muslin material. All that is left to do, is buy the 3  light bulbs and lamps. I am so happy that I will be able to take pictures any time of day and won't be running around the house looking for a spot with just the right light. Can't wait to try it out.

It's been a little while between posts..
My husband, Larry, lost his dad on Good Friday. Tom would have been 92 in June. He served honorably in World War II. After his military service he earned his living and provided for his family by farming. He has been in poor health for the past year, so we are thankful that he is no longer suffering and has been laid to rest on the farm with his first wife, Grace, Larry's mother.

Thanks for visiting :)
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Oh, your photos are going to be wonderful, Debbie! Can't wait!

    I'm sorry for the loss of your father in law. Sending hugs. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is perfect! I know you are going to enjoy it. I am so sorry to hear about Larry's father. It sounds like he had a good, full life, though and he can now rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your Father in law, Debbie....I'm sendiong lots of hugs and prayers for you, larry, and your family!!!! Your light box is fabulous...you are going to love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to loose a loved one, no matter the age (I know from experience). My thoughts are with you & your hubby. What a doll to make the light box for you! Hugs-Greta

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!