Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pastel Chalks


I don't use chalks very often, but they came to mind when I was trying to decide how to color these flowers.
The floral image from the cling set "Delicate Florals" by Penny Black was stamped and then the chalks were applied using a versamark pen. Colored pencils were used to color the greenery and dragonfly. The butterfly an dragonfly are from the transparent set "Flower Festival", by Penny Black.
I used a Spellbinders nestability to cut out a portion of the card and raise it up using foam dots.

Started my morning with a smile, found out that I won a seat in the OCC, "A Cut Above" on Julie Ebersole's blog, Paper Trufflez. Thank you, Julie!! It's going to be a great class and I'm looking forward to lots of wonderful inspiration and ideas.

Still trying to find the right light bulbs for the lamps around my light box. Found some that were close to what was recommended but they didn't work, so back on the hunt.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting :)
Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Your card is simple and beautiful, i use the pan pastels and have not been able to put them away. I love the spellbinders cut out too they make everything easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you commented about the pan pastels, I have been thinking about getting some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and soft! The chalk is just beautiful on the flowers. I also like the dimension added by popping up a portion of the design. I had chalk for years and never used it so I sold it at one of the used stamp sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo pretty and elegant, Debbie....love the soft look you achekved with the chalk...I have not used chalk for a while...thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debbie this is so soft and beautiful! Enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! What a stunner!!! Congrats on the Penny Black FB link! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous, Debbie! I hope you don't mind that I shared it on our Tsukineko USA Face book page... Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card, Debbie! Love how you're using the PB flowers. I have one on order--can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!