Friday, April 6, 2012

Silhouette Butterfly Card


This card features a design from the Silhouette online store by Samantha Walter called, Card butterflies C01566 and  a Penny Black stamp  from the clear set, Flower Festival 30-095. The card was cut and then embossed using an embossing folder and the Cuttlebug. The white strip was created using a Martha Stewart border punch and punching both sides of a strip of card stock. Adding a few pearls was the finishing touch.

Larry is building me a light box. I found some instructions online that used a white cardboard box measuring 18x18x18.  Well, I couldn't find a  cardboard box that size and was having issues finding a white box so he is building the frame out of lightweight wood. It is painted and drying and I have the muslin fabric and the poster board for the sides and bottom. Just need to get the 3 lights and it will be set. Will post pictures as soon as it is complete. It's going to be great to be able to take pictures at night and not have to run around the house during the day looking for the spot where the light is right.

Thanks for visiting and hope you have plans for a delightful and blessed Easter Weekend.
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. stunning card, Debbie! I love it. So elegant and classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! I almost bought that Penny Black set--thinking I should have. Wishing you a blessed Easter, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Hope you don't mind if I pin it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie love the way you have half cut the butterfly out of the card FABULOUS and What a lovely card I love it . Colours are beautiful Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Your butterflies are gorgeous, Debbie, and I love how you added the flowers...sooo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!