Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Bouquet

Loved attending the "A Cut Above" online card class, it was just packed full of inspiration and techniques and I want to get around to trying everything I learned. For this card I just wanted to try to use a die in a little different way than usual. I took the Spellbinders Nestability and left one edge out of the die when cutting so that there is a straight edge on the left hand side. Then I cut just one edge out of a different color of card stock for a border.
All the stamps are by "Penny Black" and they are; "Fanciful", "Dreamy", and "Gratitude". The card stock has quite a bit of texture so I would like to try it again on a smoother card stock so that the image looks crisper.

Tried a new set of light bulbs and my new light box..still had to use the auto adjust setting on the photo editor to correct the lighting. But I think that is because I am using the auto setting on my camera. Would love to hear from you if you have ideas of camera settings to use when using a light box. Do you have a favorite online site for photography tutorials that might help?

The inspiration for the colors came from this beautiful iris in my yard.


Isn't it a stunner? Years and years ago I paid $10.00 for a single flower and thought that was pretty expensive but this flower has delighted me year after year with its beautiful blooms and has spread and spread. Now I have numerous plants and know that was money well spent.

Craft room update....Painting in empty closet and trying to pick out a floor. Thought cork would be a good idea for a craft room and figured it might be less expensive...not so much.

Have a wonderful day, thanks for spending some of it with me :).
Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Debbie everything you create with Dreamy is spectacular! Love it stamped on the textured cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth, they are all stunning! Love that Iris, I have some now, Thank You! They are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inspiration from that gorgeous iris! Love the purple & white with the soft shade of green. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I think it looks pretty cool on the textured paper, it gives it sort of a wispy, watercolor look. I can't wait to see your finished craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Debbie....love the whispy flower stamps and all the purple!!!! Your iris is really beautiful, too....I bet it is a standout in the garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,
    Beautiful card, and a fun technique! Is that strip of green paper on the left side of card embossed...it looks like it has a different texture than the rest of the card?
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished room renovation...I'm always looking for ideas I can use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The strip of green paper is embossed using an embossing folder and my cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card, Debbie and that Iris is breathtaking! What a gorgeous flower - worth every penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card. I was interested in your comment re: the new light box. I'm trying to photograph my cards, need lots of help. If you have time, what kind of light box do you have? I'm using a Nikon, and trying different settings with a cardboard background, either in black or white, depending on card colors. And using an Ott light floor lamp behind me to reflect light. Don't achieve the results I would like for when I post a nice card. Yours look great... Thanks for sharing, and any advice you might be able to provide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I found the ideas for my light box on this blog http://www.polkadotsandpaper.net/2011/01/better-blog-photos.html. My hubby made mine and you can see a photo of it on my blog http://debbiedoescrafts.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-light-box.html. I still need to do auto fix on my computer to get the true color. I have a canon camera and I am a novice that uses the auto setting most of the time. Thanks for all the nice comments today. Going over to check out your blog :). Thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!