Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One of Those Cards

This was just "one of those cards". You know, when everything seems to go wrong. I won't detail everything that didn't turn out as desired, or had to be redone. It started with the first attempt and ended with being unable to get a photo that reflects the true colors of the card.

I like the "idea" of the card. I started with embossing the inner frame with a nestability. One of the things I learned in the "A Cut Above" online card classes. Then I cut another frame the same size, masked the central image and used distress ink to color the outer edge. Then stamped over the colored area with a Hero Arts background stamp. The flowers are a Penny Black stamp, stamped with distress ink and versarmark ink and embossed with clear powder.
The sentiment was initially stamped directly onto the card with black ink.....that didn't turn out well and a fix was needed  for that too. It just went on and on.

Thanks for visiting and I hope that all your cards turn out perfectly on the very first try!!
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. I have had cards like that, too. I wish mine all turned out perfectly on the first - or second - try. Only in a perfect world, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well--I've given up on expecting perfection or even that it will be OK the first time--LOL! However, I'm getting pretty good at making the boo-boo work for me or having it be even better when I cover up the mistake. Your card ended up lovely--so the frustrations & extra time were worth it! I need to use that PB stamp more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange and blue combination Debbie! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is beautiful, Debbie....the flowers are sooo pretty and I love the color combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a 'not perfect' card, this is lovely. Your colors are so unusual together, and so pretty. I am thinking about taking that class (for the silhouette learning especially). Thanks for sharing your 'boo-boo-s'. It's nice to know that accomplished cardmakers can have the same dilemma's I, as an amateur, can have! It's encouraging. If you had not said, no one would have known. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!