Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Day of Sunshine and Smiles


Inspired by "Stretch Your Stamps" online card class and this is my second attempt at a trifold card. The one thing I am not happy with on this card is the fold lines where there was more than one layer of card stock. It got pretty bulky in those two folds.

Started with stamping the border across the bottom of the card. They don't show up in the picture but I scored 3 lines above the border and then added a strip of white card stock that had been colored with the distress ink I used to stamp the border. Next I cut a wider strip and punched out the top of it using a border punch. Then stamped the sentiments. The sentiment on the front of the card is from Penny Black and the inside sentiment is from a clear stamp set by Hero Arts and I cut it apart prior to stamping.  The butterfly and border are also by Penny Black. Added a smaller strip of the purple at the base of the loops. Then stamped the butterfly and used a dry embossing stylus to trace around it.

I am going to enter this in the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use strips of color or pattern.

Tanya is coming over tomorrow and we are having "craft day". I can hardly wait. Hoe you are having a wonderfully creative weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that border along the bottom. I know what you mean about the fold lines and I've never found a way to get rid of them. Have fun with Tanya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, Debbie! Love this fun design and beautiful stamping! Have a fab time with Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Yes! This is fresh and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Debbie! Love the stamped border and the delicate blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so lovely! So calm and fresh looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. That periwinkly blue color is just so restful. Is that the Distress Lilac color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsten, That is the distress Lilac, it is now one of my favorites. thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Love your color combo. So refreshing with the lilac on the white! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pretty blue and white! Oops - I see that it's lilac now - it's still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the color! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!