Thursday, July 5, 2012

Follow Your Own Star


Found a challenge today on the SIMPLICITY  blog and wanted to play along. The challenge was to create a one layer card using at least 1 star and 1 stripe. Found a stamp set from PTI that was perfect for the challenge. The embossed stripes were created using a scoreboard. Decided to stick with a patriotic color scheme but the sentiment chosen was inspired by our granddaughter. She has certainly followed her own star and is living her dream.

Had a wonderful 4th yesterday. Hope to share some photos later in the week. Off to work 2-10 today so just a short post. Thanks for visiting!

 Debbie

12 comments:

  1. Great card, Debbie! I like how you achieved your stripes by scoring. I'd been wondering how to incorporate a stripe on my card, and you may have solved my first problem... My second problem is locating the stamp I want to use - I know it's here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scoring. One of my favorite techniques-clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Debbie! Love the detail of the score lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Debbie--this may be my favorite red, white & blue card--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card in the OLW gallery. VERY nice! Love the stars tumbling off the bottom. Score lines look great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is so full of creative thought Debbie! Love the scoring and the use of red and blue for the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love the scored stripes...and love that PTI set...so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scored stripes Debbie and it's lovely to hear how proud you are of your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little stars on the bottom! The perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, Love your scored lines and star border. Very nice. Thanks for playing along with the OLW Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the balance of your card - great scoring and mini border at the bottom! Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE this card. The stamped border at the bottom is really sweet - I love that it's got a score line to give it definition and that the stars appear to be falling off the page! The font is brilliant on 'Star'.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!