Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lacy Birthday


I adore this lace border stamp from Penny Black, it is lovely, all the intricate detail stamps beautifully and it is easy to cut around the bottom border. It is striking stamped in black. It will definitely be a favorite for its versatility. Both borders were stamped on white card stock, cut out and layered onto the blue card base. The circles were stamped using a distress ink and then punched out with a circle punch. I like the look that the distress ink provides on these clear stamps.

Projected temps today remain over 100 so I don't plan to leave my craft room. I have an idea for organizing my die templates that I need to work on. My Spellbinders nestabilitys are in A2 size envelopes and I am going too cut out one of the smaller sizes in each set to adhere to the front of the envelope so that I can easily find the die I am looking for. The Memory Box dies come in great envelopes with a picture on the front so they don't require anything.

My guest bedroom is still a mess with things from the craft room that I can't decide what to do with. Have to tackle that project one day soon, but don't think it is going to be today.

Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I really like that lacy border, too, but I am too lazy to do the fussy cutting. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful Debbie! That lace stamp looks so gorgeous in blue. I think it has just gone to the top of my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! So simple, so elegant...just gorgeous. It has been 106,107 in Upstate SC the past 2 days. Had a little tstorm last evening, cooled it off a bit, supposed to go high again today, but not too hot at 10:30 am. A bit on the humid side though. Thanks for the lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, we've been a few degrees cooler than you. I am in southeastern NC. about 40 miles from the ocean, so maybe those ocean breezes are helping a little. Do you have any great stamp stores near you?

      Delete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!