Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Playing with 1 Layer


Good Morning!

Here is another card from my day of crafting. This is a one layer card done on a water-color card base. The stamps are all from Penny Black. They were inked first with Versamark ink, then tea dye Distress ink, stamped, and embossed with clear powder.  Used dye inks and brush markers scribbled on an acrylic block to color and then used a white Prismacolor pencil to soften and blend areas.

You may have done this before but I have discovered that if you ink your stamp with the Versamark ink and then with Distress ink you get better coverage than you do if you just use the distress ink. I love Distress inks but sometimes I would ink a sentiment and didn't get full coverage (especially on clear stamps), just from the nature of the inks. So that is what I do if I don't want the distressed look but want that particular color.

Going to get my car serviced today, hope you are doing something much more fun than that!
Thanks for stopping by :)
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful 1 layer card, Debbie! Great way to use those images--on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing one layer card! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! And thanks for the tip about the Distress Ink and Versamark. I haven't tried it but I will now. I have mostly used them for sponging because I didn't care for the way they stamped. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Debbie...The embossing and watercoloring look fabulous...love the colors you used and what a pretty butterfly!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One layer of soft and delicate perfection Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!