Friday, July 27, 2012

Simply Fruit


A clean and simple card for the CASology Challenge this week and the inspiration is fruit. It took me about 8 tries before I finally was satisfied with a card. The pear stamp is an oldie from a company called A Stamp in the Hand. It is a solid stamp. The design on the stamp comes from the Penny Black damask cling stamp.

I inked the pear stamp with versamark ink, then a lime colorbox ink. I inked the damask cling stamp with punch Hero chalk ink. After the solid stamp was inked I stamped it onto the damask stamp to pick up that pattern and then stamped it onto the white card stock. It was embossed with clear powder.
The sentiment is a wood stamp that just happened to fit perfectly along the side of the pear. Finished it by putting the bottom in an embossing folder.

I have 3 days off from work and it is so hot that I plan to spend most of it inside crafting and watching the Olympics. Happy Days :).

Thanks for visiting!
Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Great job on your kissing technique, the eight try is beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - I thought at first you must have used the masking technique, but great job with the kissing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful! Sometimes the full recycling bin is worth it (I had a day like that yesterday!) I'm so glad you played along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you kept trying, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I spent hours the other night playing with the exact stamp, only to scrap it and use a different one!CAS cards are so difficult for me! Love the technique you used on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I love your fruit really amazing and love the little texture under your card....really lovely CAS card...I love your card...good luck with the challenge

    I am joining the CASology challenge too my card is number 60 would you mind to see it on my blog?I would be so happy if you like to leave me some love too...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that pear stamp--love seeing it again. Wonderful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful pear! Love how you created this! How lucky you found a sentiment that fit so perfectly! :) Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning results with the stamp kissing technique Debbie. In addition to the clean, crisp image your choice of colors is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!