Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Sunny Birthday


This is week 1 of the challenges over on the "CASology" Blog.  Each week they will provide a word for the inspiration for the challenge that week and this weeks word is Sun. I am not really happy with this card but that happens from time to time, so I'm posting it anyway and hope to have time later in the week to make another card for the challenge that I like better.

The card base is glossy white card stock and this is my 4th attempt, seriously everytime I would get almost done a ink smear would find its way onto the card. I used a nestability to cut out a mask for my sun shape. I applied ink with a sponge in yellow and stamped over it with a flower stamp from Hero Arts in apricot.
I masked off the bottom of the card and sponged green ink for the grass and used a stamp with the same green ink to give some dimension. The flower and sentiment are from Penny Black.

It has been pouring rain here this afternoon and evening, hope you are experiencing sunnier skies.
Thanks for stopping by!
 Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Well, it's not your best work, but it's bright and cheerful :-). The flowers turned out really pretty. Why not try it on regular card stock instead of glossy? I have never had good luck with glossy paper.

    I wish we had some of that rain over here. I was hoping for a few thunderstorms but all we have gotten is some sprinkles now and then. Phooey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is lovely, Debbie. Great idea to use the nestie for the sun. Gorgeous sunny weather here--really feels like summer. Hope your rain is gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your fun sun! So cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie I think you sun stamped on the glossy paper looks really cool. Love this sunny card. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little flowers are so pretty and delicate and I really like how you created your sun! Way to be creative! :) Thank you so much for joining us for CASology's very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card!! the flowers are just lovely! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely Debbie! Fantastic depth in just one layer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ink smudges always seem to strike just when I'm about to finish - hate that! I love the way you created your sun and the soft feel from the sponging. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!