Friday, July 13, 2012

Sunshine


Lessons learned

1. Draw lines prior to scoring the fold lines on card.
2. Be careful where you put clear stamps. (left m on die cut machine and it lost part of it's leg)
3. Get some new clear alphabet stamps.

Was attempting to create a trifold card inspired by day 5 of the Stretch Your Stamps online card class that would also fit for the CASology challenge this week. I like the idea of this card but for the second time this week not happy with the execution of the idea. This has been another one of those days. I am going to try this one again but have run out of time today. So hopefully will have a new and improved version to share with you tomorrow.

It just dawned on me that this is Friday the thirteenth, can I blame it for the way this card turned out??????

Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Wow, sometimes I think our own minds are our worst enemies. If this is a fail, I can't even imagine how amazing tomorrow's card will be! (Quite often, though, I finish a card that I know won't work, just so, like you, I can list the 'lessons learned'! I hope you do submit it for CASology - it will also fit with CASual Friday (strips of paper). I love those letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design, Debbie! I'll remember that about keeping clear stamps away from the die cut machine! I have to clean up my craft stuff before I can do any more creating--yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you had a few setbacks, your card turned out beautifully!!!!! This is a great design, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you on CASology! Thanks for playing along with our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card looks perfectly wonderful to me!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, love your 'sun'. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you didn't give up! This is wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often make cards that don't turn out quite the way they looked in my head but I always learn something from them (and usually, no one else dislikes them as much as I do!) I love that elongated banner, those fabulous letters and your lacy circle sun. And of course you can blame Friday the 13th for anything! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!