Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Craft Room Storage


Creativity has been washed away by the rain,  or something. Have not been able to sit down and make a card in the last few days. So, I thought I would share some of my craft room updates. I had a hard time deciding what to use for storage and decided to go with these cabinets from the Martha Stewart collection at Home Decorators. I waited until there was a sale and free shipping before taking the plunge. I got one to begin with because I wanted to see the interior and get an idea of how much storage they would provide.

As you can see, I have set up the top as work stations. On the left I have my die-cutting area with my Cuttlebug and Big Shot. And on the other end I have my MS score board, paper trimmer, SU ink pads, Copics and other markers. I am 5'6" and it is the perfect height for a work table.

The following pictures are of the inside of the drawers so you can get an idea of how much they hold.

This is the top drawer below the die cut side and inside you see my Spellbinders nestabilities and some other dies.
The next drawer has embossing folders  and accessories for the die cutting machines.

This is the second drawer down on the other cabinet. The first drawer has all kinds of adhesives. As you can see this drawer can hold a lot of ink pads. The distress inks are stacked 3 high and so are the Memento pads.





These two pictures are of two of the bottom 4 drawers. They are half as wide but twice as deep. LOTS of storage. Now I am trying to decide how to use my wonderful new storage. How do you store your stamps, do you store them  by company or do you store them by category? Which way do you use that works best for you?

I love these cabinets! But if I didn't have a very handy hubby I would have needed to hire someone to assemble them for me. Each cabinet arrives in 3 large boxes...talking from 70-90 lbs each. Larry put the drawers together in the garage but the cabinet base he assembled in the room. Not sure we would have made it through the doors if it was assembled outside the room. This is a heavy, sturdy piece of furniture.

The room is a work in progress. It will be much neater than it was before and I am still trying to decide what I want to do on the walls. I am always on Pinterest and other sites looking for ideas.

Tomorrow I will have a post on how I am storing some of my clear and cling stamps.
Thanks for stopping by my craft room!
Debbie















7 comments:

  1. Wow! I am always impressed and inspired when I see such organization. I try, but somehow things get mixed up and I inevitably buy a stamp I already own:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! So much storage and organization and they are so pretty, too. I have craft room envy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece - looks like you have lots of room there, and it's all neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, what a beautiful storageroom you have and so many tools, is the sun already back for the inspiration? much pleasure with using all the beautiful things, I'm looking forward to your next creation, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what lovely storage cabinets...leave it to Martha to design something useful and pretty, too! Thanks for sharing...I love to see how crafters organize their goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous Debbie! Functional and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!