Monday, August 27, 2012

Inspired by a Paper Plate

I tried most of the day yesterday to come up with something creative but was unsuccessful. I had the time, the supplies, a nice space, and not a single creative idea. Well I did have a few but they ended up filed in the trash can. So this morning I am having a cup of coffee and see a paper plate and I am thinking about how pleasant the colors are.

Some pretty shades of blue with a touch of green and lots of white. And here is the card that I made using the color scheme.


The floral design is by Penny Black and the butterflies are stamps and dies by Hero Arts. I tried to really soften the flowers going for a "Monet" look and left the butterflies more crisp. And no matter how I tried I couldn't get the green to show up like it looks in real life. It is more of a grass green than a yellow green.

I had a few questions about how I did the embossing folder on the "With Love" card I made. Here are a few pictures. It is very easy.

I just positioned the embossing folder along the long edge of the card stock, the width that I desired for each edge and ran it through the Cuttlebug. Then repeated on the other long edge.

Next I did the same thing on the two short edges of the card. When I made the card I had some edges that didn't look very nice where the embossing on the short and long edges met so I added some pearls and ribbons to hide those. This embossing folder was easy to use because it had straight lines in the design and that made it easy to line up.

Hope you are having a Fabulous start to your week. Thanks for spending a little time here with me.
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. I love this,the colors are gorgeous and a perfect example of finding inspiration in the everyday things! Thanks for showing how you use the embossing folder, makes them even more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debbie! That is totally Gorgeous! I love it. I have the 'Dreamy' stamp and it is so versatile isn't it? Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I bought that embossing folder after I saw you use it on your blog. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Monet look on the flowers, this is such a pretty, serene card. Thanks for the embossing folder tutorial, too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't funny when inspiration can hit?!! Beautiful design with the butterflies fluttering by the softly colored flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that paper plate & see why it inspired you to make this beautiful card! Thanks for showing how you did the embossed frame--I love that look!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!