Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Variations

Made a few variations of the card I made yesterday. The first one is my entry in The Play Date Cafe  Challenge . Below is their inspiration photo.


And here is my card.

This is a one layer card, not sure if you would call it clean and simple but I think it has dimension with only one layer.

My next card is a monochromatic card, done in kraft and white. A little variation in tone by using a Versamark pen to add touches to the flowers and butterflies.


I made lemon ice cream today. This is the second batch of ice cream I have made and I think this one is better than the strawberry I made the first time. Very simple recipe, but yummy.

Off to work for the next 3 days. Hope you are having a good week and aren't anywhere in the path of Issac.

Thanks for visiting!
Debbie

11 comments:

  1. This is a great design - it looks great in both of these colors - love the lime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so pretty! I still say Penny Black ought to put you on their design team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty! Your splashes of color are just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie--your cards are wonderful--love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movement you've got going on her is so soft and natural, well done! Thanks for sharing your creative mojo with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the soft green you used, did you watercolor it? The butterflies are so well-placed around the flowers. So glad you could join us for this week's challenge at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anya, I actually used the same colored pencil I used on the butterfly, I just used a white colored pencil over it to soften the color. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. That top card is the perfect CAS card and I absolutely love the way you used the colors, so striking!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Debbie....both cards are gorgeous!!!!! The green and white on the first card is sooo striking and I love the white embossing on the kraft on the second!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, thanks for your comment! I am having trouble finding your blog.....when I try to visit it gives me the message that it has been removed.

      Delete
  9. gorgeous cards Debbie, the one with the white embossing on it, is so nice, I think I try one too, nice 3 days, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!