Friday, August 31, 2012

Versamarker Blending

The Versamarker watermark pen is a great blending tool. Previously I have used an odorless solvent to blend colored pencils but the Versamarker is so easy to use. No dipping into anything and it works better for me than a blending pen.

These Penny Black flowers were inked using a Faber-Castell big brush pen and then stamped around the edge of watercolor paper. I stamped the flower again added a touch of color with a Prismacolor pencil and blended away the Versamarker. I cut 3 of the flowers out and layered on top of the stamped image with foam dots for a little dimension. The butterfly is from a Hero Arts cling and die set. It is quickly becoming a favorite! I used two colors of pencils on the butterfly.

I have also used a Versamarker to apply chalk to stamped images. If you don't have one in your craft supplies you should try one.

Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. Great tip, I will have to remember that about the pen, lovely card, it caught my eye in the Penny Circle Flickr gallery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. thanks for the tip, Debbie. I'll be trying that with my versamarker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as usual!I'm inspired! :)dental deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a Versamark pen, but had no idea I could blend with it. Will give it a go. Lovely card, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's beautiful. I think I have one of those pens somewhere, I should dig it out and see if it still works. Who's up for another rousing round of "Where the hell did I put it?" ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny :). Shall I send you some post it notes so you can have them all over your room like they are in mine?

      Delete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!