Saturday, September 29, 2012

Colorful Wishes


Good Morning!

I have been taking the Online Card Classes the past two weeks. The subject is Kick Starting your creativity and it has been filled with awesome ideas. I have started a couple of projects inspired by the classes. I now have a journal for creative ideas and I am also using Pinterest to catalog card ideas, craft tutorials, and color schemes so that the next creative slump comes along I will have a place to go for ideas. that will be in addition to all the wonderful ideas out here in Blogland.

When I posted my card on Monday, I said the original idea was to alternate bold colors with the white so this is the card with that idea. The die cut layers, the tag and the butterfly were all made earlier in the week. So this morning it was easy to finish it up. I also decided not to make the card base the same size as the largest die and I also wanted to card to stand up for display. So I cut a card base and folded it. I cut the front of the card so that it was the same dimension of the inner part of the die but cut the back a little longer in the back. I hope you can see in the picture below the difference in the sides.


Can you see that the top fold comes below the cut out area of the die? A change I would probably make next time is to go ahead and color the back of the die also (just because there are some smudges from coloring the front).

The ink color on this card is the new Raspberry Jam mid-tone ink from Hero Arts and I love it! It looks really pretty covered with glossy accents as shown on the birthday tag. 

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you will come back soon :)
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful and I like the way you designed it to stand up. Pinterest is a wonderful place to go for inspiration, but I tend to spend more time pinning and less time doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beautiful card Debbie, have a nice weekend, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Debbie, great tip too on how to cut the backing card

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Debbie! I love how you put the layers together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Debbie! I love all that punching and the red/white contrast. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!