Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Gray Day

Hi! It's been a while and I hope you didn't think I was never coming back. I have been sick and busy at work. This weekend we are dealing with the effects of Hurricane Sandy so it is the perfect time to get a little crafting done. However, I think the dreary conditions have affected my color choices. Not sure if I ever made a card with this much gray, so I did add some brighter colors to the butterflies to brighten it up a little.

Looks like we aren't going to get much more from the storm than a few inches of rain and a few periods of gusty winds. I hope that you are safe and out of harms way. It sounds like the northeast is going to have much more difficult conditions than we are getting.

The butterfly and sentiment stamp are from Hero Arts. The center panel was die cut using the butterfly die from Hero. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug once more with an embossing folder, and added some white pigment ink to the raised areas. I was going for kind of a brick wall effect. I am not sure you can see it in the photo but the butterflies are seated in the negative spaces with pop dots applied to one side of their wings.

Thanks so much for visiting, especially in  all the rain :)
Debbie


5 comments:

  1. I actually like the gray with the beautiful colors on the butterflies. The brick wall background is perfect--love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! The grey helps to set off the butterflies perfectly. Hope you get some dry weather soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card with the gray and colorful butterflies, I hope the weather will be better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I like the contrast between the gray wall and the color on the butterflies. Who makes the embossing folder (like I need one more)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, that embossing folder is from Darice and it's called brick wall. I found it at Frantic Stamper.

      Delete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!