Monday, October 15, 2012

Birthday Hexagons


I found the inspiration for this card on Pinterest. Someone had pinned a fabulous card by Carol that can be seen on her blog "Our Little Inspirations". Her card is awesome, colorful and has lots of texture.

I wanted to make a more masculine version for someone special who is having a birthday this week.
So I replaced the circles with hexagons and used shades of blue and left off the bow. I think the next time I may use patterned papers for the hexagons. I cut the hexagons with a hexagon Die-namics by mftstamps. Layered them over the white strip and then embossed it using my cuttlebug. I like the way the embossing makes it look more like one layer than different layers. I also embossed a few lines on the light blue strip in behind the hexagon layer. I guess I have now jumped on the hexagon bandwagon :).

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Debbie

 

3 comments:

  1. I like it! The embossing over the layers looks really nice. I haven't jumped on the hexagon bandwagon yet, if I wait long enough maybe it will just pass me by. Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of aqua and blue Debbie! A geometric delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a beautiful colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!