Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fresh Daisies


Good Evening!

This card features dies from Spellbinders and Simon Says Stamp. The Fresh Daisies die was cut and then colored using a sponge. I wanted a light touch of color for a delicate look with all the white, texture, and dimension. The embossing folder used on the front of the card is from Provo Craft.

I am finally trying to learn how to use my camera without it being on automatic. What a challenge! But I have a nice camera and several nice lenses and it's time to step it up a little bit. Found a couple of helpful websites and just trying to learn the basics. Learned a little about monitor calibration and now I wonder how accurate the colors are on my monitor. If you have any suggestions for software for monitor calibration I would love to hear about them. I have found several but the reviews are always mixed and of course the reviews get much better as the prices go higher. Not looking to become a professional photographer...just enjoy taking photos and want to improve my skills.

Today I was playing with white balance. It's a good thing it's a digital camera...can you imagine all the film I would be wasting? Instead I import to the computer and delete away, no money lost.

And I want to share a suggestion that Greta left on my last post. She suggested that if I had a pen the same color that I indicate that on the back of the tags. Great Idea! Thanks Greta.

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Cameras can be a challenge. What software do you use for editing your photos? Picasa is a quick and easy one, I use it quite a bit, saving Photoshop for the more challenging fixes.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!