Monday, November 12, 2012

Vacation!


I'm back! We've been on vacation in the mountains of North Carolina and this was our home away from home. We had a few visitors each day, first we had deer


and then two days later we had wild turkeys in the yard.


On our drive up about 40 miles from where we were staying it started snowing! That's always exciting to me, we live near the coast so we don't get very much snow. It didn't stick on the grounds or the road but it was still fun to see.
Larry drove the whole time so that I was free to take pictures...thank goodness for digital because I took almost 700 photos. We found a beautiful spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway to take pictures of the sunset. And we sat for almost 2 hours watching the sky as the sun went behind the mountain.


It was good to get away and good to get back home. Hopefully I will have some crafting time soon and a chance to visit some blogs :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie--looks like a wonderful spot for a vacation! I've never been to that part of the country & would really like to one of these days. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stayed in cabins in the North Carolina mountains several times. This looks like a wonderful cabin (house)....Are you able to give out the information for rental of this cabin? I would love to know who to contact.

    Thank you very much for sharing
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!